Saturday, July 21, 2007

Celebrations & Farewells...

Today we're celebrating my son's "almost" 20th birthday (since his birthday isn't actually until Sept., but he'll be long gone by then). How can he be turning 20 when I'm only 30??? Must be some kind of space continuum physics phenomena... Anyway, we are also taking today to say good-bye to Alex as he prepares to head down to college to continue his education down in Florida. We're driving him down next week. I know I've blogged about the incredible speed in which they grow, but seriously its warp speed! So, in honor of the 20 years we've been blessed to have him, today we will celebrate....and then say good-bye.

But he's not the only one we're preparing to see go. My daughter will be leaving early Monday morning for the Czech Republic. She, along with a group of teens & leaders from her youth group, are headed for a 2-week missions trip to the Czech, working with children at a youth camp. Sixteen years old & she's going to the Czech Republic. What was I doing at 16??? Well, that's another blog... I'm extremely proud of her. She raised her money, got herself organized (with a little help from Mom) and is excited now for these next 2 weeks to do what God has asked her to do. Again, we're very proud.

Please keep my family in your prayers over these next few weeks. Lots of transition. It will be odd to not have my son in my home, but I'm excited for him as he heads into this next phase of his life. Will I be able to hold off until Christmas to see him?? Time will tell.... I'm going to miss both my "kids" tremendously over the next few weeks & months....so again, please keep us in your prayers. Pray for God's protection on them, for His graceful direction in their lives & for direction in mine as well. I have this feeling that this next year is going to be quite interesting.

But today, we celebrate...the rest we'll trust Him with. Have a great weekend my friends...


1 comment:

Deidra said...

I am praying for all of yall. I had a really nice time with all our friends and your families. It was well needed to get me back to myself. Thanks