Wednesday, August 8, 2007

God's Hands...

Have you ever experienced a time in your life when you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were in God's hands? I mean I know as Christians we "know" this, but aren't there just real times when you know, that you know, that you know, "I wouldn't get through this if I wasn't in His hands?" Or you feel the details of an event in your life fall so perfectly into place that you, once again, know you are cared for & directed by His mighty yet loving & gentle hands? It's hard to even go into detail here of all the changes, major changes, that have and are occurring in my life. From one child leaving the "nest" to begin his life in a whole different state, to the other traveling across the ocean to minister to others, being unable to communicate with us while she's gone. From losing a home and jobs, to friends moving, to seeking a new place to worship. All of this, piled one on-top the other. And yet, as we traveled to & from Florida to help settle our son in his new home, I had an overwhelming feeling of being in His care. I know that He began the work of our being able to let our son go long before we had our final hugs. We marveled day after day at how wonderful this journey was, how He allowed us to leave our son with a peace in our spirit & a limited amount of tears. While we'll miss him, to be sure, there's this beautiful peace that it was God's perfect timing for him and for us. Our son was ready...and so were we. To any parent, you know, this is a miracle. Our daughter arrived safely home late Sunday night, exhausted yet elated at the experience God had blessed her with. Friends of ours were in a pretty serious car accident that very night & walked away with minor injuries. Again, we rejoiced in the loving way He took care of them...how He takes care of all of us. I love Him beyond words & trust Him each day with the crazy details of my life. I don't know where I'd be without Him & praise Him that I'll never know. I am forever His child...who truly has learned how to "rest" in her Father's hands. I pray the same for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Matt Carson said...

i agree with the above statement, but i would have preferred it in russian.

Sandy said...

OMG....

Unknown said...

INBD...

sarita said...

mrs. miosi :) thank you for your comment!! I'm going to miss you the next couple of months but we will keep in touch via BLOG! :)

You are in my prayers just about every night, I love you!!!!

Deidra said...

My friend post a new blog please I miss you so much.
Love Ya
Dee

Matt Carson said...

haha that's right sandy, get on it!