Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Am I Weird, or What??? Love the Storms...

I have to admit to this strange thing about me...I LOVE a good storm. To me, there's nothing more exciting than a sky that turns really dark, indicating a storm is imminent. Sometimes wind, thunder & lightening, rain or snow. Ooooh!! Today's storm is no different. Being awakened at 6:20 a.m. by an excited teenager announcing those words we ALL love to hear...."NO SCHOOL TODAY!!" It feels like when I was in school myself, I get just as excited over a good snow day now. The idea that we're all tucked safe & cozy inside while the world storms outside, is simply delicious! And I guess because I live in Buffalo I am of the feeling that if winter is going to be cold anyway, we might as well have some snow. I really do love winter (except when it extends itself into what should be the spring). Can I even go so far as to admit that when the sun tried its best to poke out today, I felt disappointed! Yeah, I know...weird. I suppose I wouldn't fare too well living in Florida....who could stand living in a place called, "The Sunshine State"...yuck! Too much pressure! And don't you always feel when the sun is shining that you just HAVE to get out there & "do something"?? Today, I felt obligated to do nothing. Most everything is closed, my daughter's home from school...time for a cup of tea & a good movie, time to just take a time out. Tomorrow, I'm sure everything will be back to normal, and life will resume its fast pace, but for today.....I'm chillin. And loving every minute of it....

(These are all shots from around my yard)

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Good pics today friend. I was not brave enough to go out and be a photographer today but now I am sad that I didn't. When Cliff got home he said "WOW you guys really didn't get out of your PJ's today huh". I said well you know........

Matt Carson said...

haha i'm with ya, i like the storms too.... although i think i would change my tune if something of mine got damaged or someone i knew got hurt!

most of us did have to WORK yesterday by the way! haha hope you enjoyed your day off.

Sandy said...

Yeah, there are definitely times when the storm...it ain't so fun. Loss of power, no heat, dented fenders, slipping on the ice, frozen squirrel feet, etc. Sorry you had to work...

sarita said...

wow, that is crazy!!! I've only seen snow once in nyc... never thought I'd say this but i do miss it a little... and I miss YOU a whole lot more! (I'm coming home soon for a few days- let's get together!!)