Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Standing on the Edge...in Faith

To be perfectly honest, I have been avoiding writing a new blog because I wanted to start the new year off with a mindset of complete optimism & a sense of being up-beat. As we're heading into our second week of January, 2008, I don't think I am possessing any of those mind-sets, at least not on a very consistent basis. Now that's not to say that I am giving up nor is it saying that I'm not 100% trusting that God will come through for us, but it is to say that my humanness is sometimes getting the better of me & I will admit that some days its a little hard to get out of bed in the morning. But, alas, arise I do & will continue to do so, as long as I take each day as a faith walk. I guess the best thing I could share with you at this time is some of the sweet Words of God that are sustaining me. I know there are thousands more that would apply to my life right now, but for now, these are the ones speaking most to my heart.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:4-9

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13

""For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Life has many challenges for my family right now and I'm struggling to be the devoted wife & mother that I am called to be. I guess I need to understand that first & foremost I am a daughter not just of earthly parents, but also of my Heavenly Father. This same Father has cared for me in more ways than I can ever count, and it is because of this, that I persevere. It is because I trust that He truly does have a "hope & a future" for me and my family, that I can rest. And I pray that one day my faith will allow me the privilege of sharing the awesome testimony of His faithfulness that I trust is headed our way. He also knows what its like to be broken hearted & tells us - "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin." (Hebrews 4:15) He created human emotion so I refuse to feel guilt for the broken heart. But, I need to lean on His strength, trust His abilities, rely on His love, walk in His wisdom, each & every day. That's all I know to do. And its not easy at times. And the broken heart remains...but be sure its down but not out!


4 comments:

Deidra said...

I love you friend. Praying for you and your family.

Matt Carson said...

ah my dear please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. sorry we haven't been able to connect in the past few days (maybe tonight? i'll give you a call!).

here's the benefit of blogging: a lot has happened since you started doing this. the nice thing is you'll be able to come back to this in a couple years and see your thoughts and remember how you got through all the hard times. kinda makes me want to blog as well... but not really, haha

The Arnold Family said...

how beautiful that you are able to share those scriptures that are so true and important for all of us! That is a great testimony to who you are. It helps too to remember that things can change in an instant...one phonecall...love you all and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello again and Happy New Year! I can truely say that understand your concerns during this period of uncertainty! I have been in your shoes, and like you I have also been there twice! I thought that I had grown, learned during my 1st period of unemployment. What I have since realized is that we are given these journeys because we are destined for more much more! Sandy, you have been given a gift that few every have the opportunity to experience and grow from. Maybe like me you didn't fully embrace, learn and grow from your perviuos hardship. My most recent journey was one in which I realized that I must reach within...be true to myself. God has blessed me with all I need and I am greatful everyday to God that I had the opportunity to self-reflect, a second chance to find myself! God will ensure that you have all you need....this time is for you to recognize all that God has blessed you with! Sandy, be true to yourself, love yourself. This is a time for you to reach within not out!!!