Thursday, May 29, 2008

It Certainly is Golden....

This beautiful couple is my Mom & Dad...seen here at a luncheon given by the Cheektowaga Senior Center in celebration of all the couples in the town celebrating their 50th wedding anniversaries. At this particular luncheon, there were 34 couples all gathered with family & friends to celebrate this milestone in their lives. That's quite amazing, don't you think? Especially in this day & age, and culture, where statistically every 1 in 2 marriages end in divorce. How awesome it was to be a part of this event celebrating Harry & Dottie Smith's 50 years together...known to me simply as Mom & Dad.

Take a look at them on day one....(gorgeous aren't they??!!)


So, 50 years, 4 children and 6 grandchildren later, we will gather family & friends for a private celebration of their golden event. This is my tribute to them. Their love, their life.

I love you Mom & Dad!!

Congratulations....you are a true inspiration.


1 comment:

Deidra said...

Aww I love Harry and Dottie they are so cute. Give them my love.