Friday, December 19, 2008

God's Early Christmas Gifts...

Who would have thought that a snow storm would turn out to be one of the best gifts I've been given in a long time??!! Last night, under clear skies, my son flew in from Southern Florida. Yeah, it was cold, but he arrived safely, on time & with no weather issues. Today...a different story. So, gratefulness #1, "thank you Lord for bringing my son home before the storm." (These are just some pictures from around Buffalo, found on the wgrz.com website.)

We had planned on picking Sam up from school today (snow day) after I got out of work. But because the snow was coming down fast & furious, Norm & Alex decided to get an early start and so they set out around 10:00 am. They made it there & back in about 4 hours. Gratefulness #2, "thank you Lord for their safe travel through a snow storm and for bringing them home to me safe & sound".

But the best part, well maybe not the BEST part because NOTHING is better than having both my kids home, is that my office actually closed at 12:30 because of the storm! That NEVER happens, apparently! I was so sad that I couldn't join Norm & Alex picking up Sam because I had to work. Then, they let us out early, I bummed a ride off a friend, got home before the family, cooked a pot of nice hot soup & waited for their arrival. So, gratefulness #3, "thank you Lord for letting me be a part of the homecoming and for doing the thing I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MOST....be Mom."














Hahaha...only in Buffalo!!
















"Thank you Lord for my early Christmas gifts...." And as if all this isn't enough, the ultimate gift was His Son being born, so that I could have a life with Him. It simply does not get better than all that. When people say "God is Good", it doesn't even come close to how amazing & awe inspiring He is, and for the way He loves & cares for us. Thank you Lord...I love you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL......may you feel His blessings as I do today.


2 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

That's Awesome Sandy. God is Awesome! We love you guys. And miss you too. We are going to try and coordinate something w/ Kelly soon, so we can see everyone.

The Arnold Family said...

Hey there! I want to chat and see if you are available Friday...I'm planning a little girls nite out...Keep it open if you can, I'll give you a call, or call me... xo h